About Me

My photo

My friends call me Elldee. And breaking the half century mark has been highly motivating: happy wife, mother, writer, teacher, day dreamer.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Last day of the Read an E-Book Promotion at Smashwords

When I first considered including my book in the promotion at Smashwords, I was a little uncertain.  I just didn't want to be disappointed and find that no one wanted to buy my book, even for free.  But the more I thought about it, the more it seemed the right way to gain readers for my book In Times Passed.  I remember my daughter saying, "Hey, maybe you'll sell five books." I was hoping for one a day, seven in the end. Well, so far, there has been just short of two purchases a day for these seven days of the promotion.  Not bad for an unknown author.  And certainly much better than none at all.

My main hope has been that a few readers will write reviews that I can gain insight from.  Good or bad, I'll learn something and apply it to my books currently undergoing edit and revision.
Post a Comment