I double checked everything. Then I double checked it again. For extra measure, I rechecked, re-proofread, got more feedback on the cover and did it all again. My goal was to upload my anthology by the last day of June. It was ready Monday, so I let it cool a bit. Then I did all that stuff I already mentioned again. And not five minutes ago, I uploaded it. I sat watching the spinning convertor symbol work its way through the versions of e-book formats available for my book, then decided not to watch it any longer. I left for a bit.
Though my first book had made it through the conversion process the first time, I was not feeling cocky enough to think that I would have the same luck with this one. But I still felt surprised when it came up with AutoVetter errors. A quick check and it turned out to be three tabs I had not removed. Smashwords is great about this. It didn't just inform me that I had some errors. It told me I had tab errors and how to do a quick fix to correct them. Took me all of 30 seconds to remove them. Then five minutes to re-upload and bingo approved for Smashwords distribution on site (it is pending review for the other markets: Sony, Apple, Kobo, etc.) I opened to the home page at Smashwords and there she was!
Gardens in the Cracks & Other Stories