About Me

My photo

My friends call me Elldee. And breaking the half century mark has been highly motivating: happy wife, mother, writer, teacher, day dreamer.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Blogger Award: The Liebster!




I have been named for the Liebster Award (liebster is German for favorite) which goes to bloggers with less than 200 followers. Well, I certainly qualify for that.

First, I must name who named me:  Katherine Amabel of Beyond the Hourglass.  Thank you for nominating me.

Second, I must answer the eleven questions she posted on her blog.

1. Can you tongue roll, cross eye, ear wiggle or perform any other feats of physics?  (And you can’t say getting motion sick at the slightest provocation, because I call dibs on that).
I do a really prime Spock-like raised left eyebrow.
   
2. Would you rather watch that video from The Ring, or start up a nice, family-friendly game of Jumanji?
Jumanji, however that would require I purchase the game, and the choice shows just how much I don’t like scary movies because I don’t much like games either.

3. If you could be any book character, who would you be and why?  
Most any dragon rider in Anne McCaffery’s Dragonriders of Pern series.  So I could ride a dragon, of course.

 4. What fantasy invention do you most wish was real? e.g. Light sabres… invisibility cloaks… or those completely innocent and in no way drug riddled potions from Alice In Wonderland…   
Friendly dragons that can go between and time it.  If I can't have that, then I want a flying car that takes verbal instructions.
  
5. Name one habit you’re trying to break.
Asking my daughter if she has done her homework.  I don’t ever remember my parents asking me.  It was my responsibility.  It should be hers.

6. What’s the scariest book you’ve ever read? (Because I feel like sleeping with the light on for a month).
But I don’t read scary books.

7. What was the first job you ever wanted?
Being the tour guide on a bus that traveled though downtown San Diego and telling interesting stories about the sights.  I drove the wrong way on a one-way street, got lost on the way to the interview, arrived late and was utterly unimpressive.  Did not get the job.

8. What was the first job you ever had? (Sorry!)
Summer job as an inventory clerk at an engineering company.  I literally counted widgets, and circuits, nuts and screws.

9. If you had to live in any time period, past or present, other than now, what would you choose?  

The future is a little too unknown for me (Ha, I’m a science fiction writer), so if I can go back in time and still have the knowledge I have now, I’ll take the 1950s.

10. What’s the most exotic place you’ve ever been?
Tijuana, Mexico, or Victoria, Canada.  I got to get out more.

11. Finally, if you could apparate, where in the world would be your favourite spot to take your lunch breaks?
The Lifeline CafĂ© in La Grande, Oregon.  Razzle Dazzle, I hear you calling for me.  And the wraps, scrumpscious. 

I am also required to name 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.  I am still working on this.  So here are the first three that came to mind.
Here goes:

Post a Comment