|Scheherazade's rice doubling|
- I unpublished In Times Passed this past September to revamp and reedit as I felt it was incomplete. I intend to republish before this month is out, and it is now complete and just in need of some review editing.
- No-Time Like the Present, the second in the series, is not published yet, but is on its last redraft and close to a full-blown edit and first reader run. It suffered a delay when I pulled book 1 off the line for a revamp and reedit. I can say book 2 is two to four months away from publication.
- I did publish an anthology of short stories called Gardens in the Cracks & Other Stories last July. I chose to hit my publish date for book 2 with this anthology as I hated missing a self-imposed publishing day. I follow the philosophy that backing down from a promise is just a habit in the making. So this was my way of keeping my promise but not putting a book out before it was ready. These shorts stories felt ready.
- So I wanted to double my 151 blogger visits. That would mean I had to have at least 302 hits for 2012. I have had 1,726 hits. Guess I hit that goal a few times. Sure, I know that is not much when looked at in popular blog numbers, but here I am with a plan to double it again. So I am off to break 3,456 by next year.
- I started a Twitter account (@LDarbyGibbs) and had quite a run with it until school started and I had to put my valuable time elsewhere. I met some great writers, learned to get my point across in 140 spaces or less and found Hootsuite a hoot better than a hollar. I still visit Twitter every couple of weeks and wish I could do more. Second semester has always been the easier part of the school year for me, so perhaps I'll be on more in the coming year.
- I slipped off Goodreads once September came, same excuse applies. But I read five books in the last week and half while on Christmas break. So I do have something to talk about. I might get back on as the new semester gets settled.
- Book 3 of the Students of Jump is drafted, titled (Time on my Hands), and waiting in the wings.
- I am still publishing on Smashwords, which is really publishing everywhere else I want to be anyway. I've sold a total of 18 books which is 18 more than I started with. I can say I doubled my numbers since last year. Okay, try not to snigger too loud. Remember what happened when Scheherazade told the story of doubling the grains of rice just a few times. I have a tried and true plan here.
- New goals besides what is stated above: keep writing, keep reading, keep loving my family and being worthy of their love, make more writer friends, and grow a little wiser in the effort.