|Rules of Magic|
I decided to do it on how every story has rules, and how rules of magic effect story development? I thought I would come up with a set of rules of magic and show how these rules would govern the flow of the story. Great idea, huh?
So I begin asking myself a set of questions:
- Who is allowed to use the magic?
- How is the magic performed?
- Is there an age requirement or limit?
- When is one eligible to perform magic?
- How is one recognized as a performer of magic?
- What makes one especially good at magic and therefore a respected provider of magic?
- What/who determines quality, strength and usage?
- Are there social rules governing its use?
- How does economics play into its use?
- How does social standing play into it use?
- How does one learn or is it innate?
- Can one be employed as a magic provider?
- Are there any personal costs to performing magic?
Perhaps these questions could generate a story for someone else.
What unexpected inspiration led to a story, novel, poem or what-have-you idea?